Yesterday we were at Devin's parents house and his grandparents were there. Grandma and Grandpa Thompson were talking about this couple they knew a long time ago in Salmon Idaho. I heard grandpa say that he taught shop with Ralph Orr at the high school. My ears pearked up and then I heard him say that he had a glass eye. I knew right away that he was talking about my great uncle! I told him I had an uncle by that name and that his wife's name is Glenda, who is my grandma's sister. We were pretty sure they were the same people. So I called my dad to confirm it and then my grandma to get their information as it had been over 40 years that they had seen them and they had lost contact with them. I talked to my grandma and she gave me their address and phone numbers. She said that they were out traveling the west visiting their children, one of which lives in Idaho. I decided to call their cell phone to see where they were and have them talk. I got an answer and it was their son John that lives here in Idaho. He said that his parents were there visiting, I asked if he was still living in Rexburg and he said no, that they are in Ammon...that is where we were!! It was all working out so perfectly for these long lost friends to meet and for me to see my family as John and his wife Denel had been looking for Devin and I as well and I hadn't seen my great aunt and uncle in over seven years. So we were able to go and visit with them and reunit these friends!! It was so much fun to watch them visit and to visit with them ourselves. To add to the story, they had been there all week and were leaving the next morning so we just caught them. You never know who you may be connected to, just tell stories and you may find out! I have to say it was meant to happen, for these old friends to meet again. What a great blessing we all received last night.
Monday, June 22, 2009
It's a small world!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment