Mack is 2 and 8 months years old. He has been doing some pretty funny stuff lately so I thought I would blog some so I don't forget.
The first week of October we, I, potty trained Mack although I should say it wouldn't have been so early if it wasn't for Devin's eagerness. Mack did awesome, it took him a few days to go #2, he was afraid and would ask for his diaper and say his tummy hurt. I bought some prune juice and things got moving along. When he went he got a treat and of course he and I screamed and shouted for joy each time he did it. So it was a big party, make it fun right and they will want to do it again. He really took on to the doing it again part. He is our little smarty and figured they he could save his poop and ration it out to get more treats. I figured it out one day after he went #2 8 times in one day!!! I didn't mind him getting 8 tootsie rolls, he was getting great practice and learning how to hold it :). To date two weeks later he has had no public accidents, no bed wetting or any other accidents. Thank heavens it went well and it is over. The best tips I used from friends for this success were straight to underwear, no pull-ups or diapers at night, a shower (something he hated!) if he had an accident and knew better (he only had 2 that were like 2 seconds long) and rewards. No drinks after 6pm or an hour before outings and he must use the potty before we go anywhere with frequent reminders while we are out.
The other day I was in the kitchen and I hear Mack say "What the heck?" he not only used it with perfect intonation but sequentially correct as well. I died laughing and he says it alot. I think he got it from Toy Story 3. He also has been saying "Are you kidding me?" "Come on people." He learns things so quickly and often surprises us with things he knows.
Yesterday after he went potty he says " Come here Mom, come here!" I have to add he says this each time he goes #2 so he can show me. I think it is because I made him prove it before he got a treat. Anyway this particular time I went in there and he points in the toilet and says "pizza!" sure enough he knows his shapes and it looked like a piece of pizza hahaha.
Mack can hook up all the correct cords in the correct spots on Devin's laptop to put a movie from there onto the TV. He knows how to use most common tools correctly, puts his shoes on the right feet, sings his alphabets, Super Why song, Clifford, Caillou, Martha Speaks, Arthur and of course Curious George. Yes we are PBS people. He loves airplanes and can spot them from forever away. He can take my keys go out to the car, unlock my door with the right key, put it in the ignition, turn it on and tries to shift...thank goodness it is not an automatic!
He loves to Skype people and is still getting the whole idea of it. About a month ago we were talking to Devin's parents and Grandma asked Mack if he wanted to go for a drive to get ice cream. Of course he said yes so she pretended to try and get out of the computer. Mack watched her for a few seconds, assessed the problem, got up, ran for the kitchen yelling "I'll get the scissors!". We were all laughing, the poor thing thought he could cut grandma out of the computer. He is always thinking of a way to fix a problem and it usually is a pretty good solution!
Just now he was in the crib with Molly playing and I heard him get out and go downstairs and come right back up. I knew he had gotten something, most likely something he should not have. So I went to investigate and found that her picture was off the wall and in the crib and he was holding his toy hammer that he went and got to fix it.
He certainly is entertaining, smart and keeps us on our toes!
Thursday, October 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Hahaha! Those stories made me laugh and look forward to our little boy's arrival and all the adventures we'll have with him! I'll call you to remember some days I just need to laugh! Haha
We miss that little guy! Thanks for sharing the fun stories!!
-Bill and Bridget
Post a Comment