Friday, June 26, 2009

4th of July!











I cannot believe the 4th of July is next weekend! This is my favorite holiday. I always feel that the 4th is the middle of summer and the heat is half way overwith. Not this year in Idaho! It has been so cold and rainy, not that I am complaining. I am so excited for next weekend. This will be Mack's first fireworks show, I'm not sure how he will do. It will be fun to find out. We have an annual BBQ and party at our house as it is in a prime location for the best fireworks show west of the mississippi, as they say. Mellaluca puts millions into the show each year. It is such a fun time to get together with our friends and family to celebrate the great freedom that we have and enjoy in this great nation. We are truly blessed to live here even in the times we are and have been facing, it could be a lot worse as it is in other countries. I love the USA!

3 comments:

Ashlie Grow said...

that sounds like soo much fun!! we might be coming up there cuz von's sister lives in rexburg and she said the fireworks show is awesome! if we do ill try to get a hold of katie and maybe we could swing by and visit you guys!!

The Thompson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelly said...

Oh my word, I was JUST thinking about that awesome cake last night and remembering the time we made it in Ciudad. And about how much you love the 4th. And how much I love that cake... :)

Post a Comment