Saturday, September 26, 2009

Devins Wild Game

Last hunting season Devin got a moose, this year I was so lucky to have him hunt and kill an Antelope. He went out today with is dad, brother Tyler and brother in-law Chris near Lone Pine Idaho from 5 am till 9pm. He shot the Antelope at 7pm, they loved every minute of they day. Katie and I enjoyed going to Porters, Real Deals and the Mini Bazaar and we loved every minute of it! These are picture from their day. Devin is going to have the Antelope European mounted, just the skull and the antlers. Devin learned that he could make a fake antelope decoy which allowed them to practically walk right up to the antelope, they would hide behind the cardboard antelope and sneak up on their prey! It worked really well, and was a pretty good replica!

My proud husband and our meat for the winter, which we still have a freezer full of moose meat.
Devin was so excited to show Mack his kill. Mack was asleep and woke up on his own about 5 minutes before Devin got home. He was not to thrilled to be faced with an antelope head right after he woke up.
Then he kinda warmed up to him. Sick.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missy I don't even know what to say. I can't believe Devin is holding a dead animal head up to poor little Mack, haha. So funny. I am guessing Mack will be out there hunting with his Dad in a few years! Nice work, Devin!

(This is Chelsey, By the way - Something is up with the computer)!

Sara said...

Ok, that is disgusting! I REALLY hope Mack hates hunting when he gets older! haha! Devin would probably disown him. Another picture for the calender! :)

Andrea said...

OH my goodness, I cracked up with that first picture and then your son's face in that third one!! LOL!!! I guess living in the country gives me a sick sense of humor!! LOL Devin got a nice one!!

Post a Comment