Monday, September 21, 2009

SPUD DAYS...brought to you by the great state of Idaho

A real festival celebrated only in Idaho! We had some great new experiences at Spud Days and wanted to share our fun filled day, well hour and half, it was so hot!Located in the town of Shelley Idaho. Devin feels that we will be living in this town after dental school. Hmmmmm......at least it has Spud Days! The signs gives details of events, they have a free potato bar at noon.
Miss Russett in her nice plaid shirt and diamonds.
She had to taste the potatoes before the Spud Tug. No thanks!
The Pit of Spuds. Quite the popular event as you can tell by the crowd!
The gluey messy trough that filled the pit.

They really do use a cement truck with potato flakes and water to mix and make the mess!
Mack and his princesses
The Spud day train, I love the lawn mower and barrels! The little boy in the yellow barrel has the cutest black cowboy hat on!
The Spud races

Live footage of the two local news channels participating in the Spud Tug! I have never seen anything like it! They had the firehoses ready to clean them off. Katie and I tried to get Devin and Chris to do it but had no luck. Maybe next time.


3 comments:

Rachel, Steve and Jacob said...

Hey guys!! It looks like you had fun at Spud Days, hehe! Little Mack is growing up, and is SOOO handsome :) We miss you guys TONS, and hope you are doing GREAT!!!

Andrea said...

Oh that looks like it was a blast!! I love fairs and festivals!! They are so much fun!! And that one looks like it was fun. Great pictures!

Stacey said...

I guess it looks fun, but I totally don't get it??!!! What are they doing? And...I was born in Idaho! In fact, my Mother was born in Shelley! Well, I loved the pics of darling little Mack! We miss you guys and hope all is going well w/ the move and school. Your 'little' house is cute. Can't wait to see the transformation! We know it will be great. Love Ya!

Post a Comment