Thursday, February 18, 2010

My first quilt and other news!

The big news is...we are having another baby in September! The 13th is the date. Mack will be just about 19 months, Devin and I want our kids to be close in age so it worked out perfect. We have enjoyed Mack so much this past year and can only hope and wish that the next one will be just as he is.
I made this quilt, with a lot of help from my friend Summer, for Macks first birthday. It is something I want to do for all my kids. It is a cowboy theme quilt and I love how it turned out! It was so fun and pretty easy to do. I did have it quilted to make it last a long time and give it the perfect finishing touch. The back is a very soft fabric called Minkee, it is so snugly. He has a toddler bed that it will go on and I made a matching pillow case.

Mack already loves to play on it, he is going to open it on his birthday next Saturday.

He is telling you he is going to be 1!!
Waking up so happy after a great 2 hour morning nap! We love those.





Mack has refused to do a sippy cup and always wants to drink out of our glasses. Last night we gave him his first cup to use all by himself. He did great!



7 comments:

Ashlie Grow said...

congratulations on baby #2!!! cash and sawyer are 18 months apart and i think its perfect! hope you've been feeling well so far!

Shelly said...

Congratulations again! I hope the next one is just as sweet and darling as little Mack. But how could it not be?

Unknown said...

yay miss!! congrats!! hope you're feeling well!! LOVE YOU!

Mom Storm said...

Love the video! He is so good with the cup and cute too! Love the smile at the end..that is our Mack!

Nice job on the quilt. I can't wait to touch it, it looks so soft.

Only seven months till another sweetie like Mack is here!

Thanks for the updates....love you, mom

Chelsey said...

I am so excited for you guys! You are such a great Mom, nice job on the quilt! I love it. I have been wanting to make a quilt for a while now - maybe I should head your way and you can teach me!

Hope you are feeling well! Congratulations again! Love you!

Rachel, Steve and Jacob said...

YAY, that's so exciting!! How are you feeling?? Steve and I are so happy for you guys, good luck with everything, I'm excited for updates ;) PRADA!!!!

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

that is awesome! your kids are so lucky to have you as a mom. I want to make a quilt, yours look soooooo good! why don't you live closer, arrrgg!

Post a Comment