Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Howdy Y'all from Texas

Devin and I just took a fun trip to his sister Sara's house in Waxahachie Texas, just south of Dallas. We weren't sure how the kids would do, it was a 12 hour drive so we went during the night and it was great, minus two blow diapers and a soaked car seat. It was fun to have all the Thompson cousins together, pictured below. Makayla, Porter, Lawson, Molly and Mack. Mack is used to really being an only child and had a time adjusting to the busy life of three kids. By the end of our stay he was doing really well! Here are some picture from our fun adventure.Makayla and her girl cousin, they have to stick together you know! They are so cute.
While there I was able to visit a best friend from college, Nicole! She was only 40 minutes away and it was so much fun visiting with her and her three adorable kids. We had lots of laughs and it was as if 10 years had not gone by at all and we picked right back up. It is sad that in life you have such great friends and then move away from each other. At least we will get to do this visit 2 more times while Devin is here in Omaha, we plan to make it an annual trip! Can't wait till next year.Mack loved playing with Shelby, she is just 2 months older than him and so sweet. She is adorable, such a little lady.
Here is Mack with Ethan. They are such boys with their electronics, make with a cell phone and Ethan an IPOD. Ethan is so mellow and pleasant, these two did really well together, like peas in a pod.

So the highlight for Devin was his Wild Hog Hunt! He and Tyson went out with these backwoods Texans to hunt the wild pigs on their farm. They are considered nuisances to the land. They took dogs out to hunt down the pigs and then they would hold them to the ground while Devin and Tyson killed their pigs with knives. I know, sick and savage. They had such a great time which is definitely a man thing cause I do not understand how haha. Glad they had a good time, Devin needed a break from school and this is right up his alley.
Tyson and his pig. He stuck his hand a little too far into the wound if you can't tell.
Then next day it was off the the Texas State Fair in Dallas. Come one come all Y'all! This man was creepy to look at. Definitely an illusion of some sort but still disturbing. The fair is fantastic and huge!
We had such a great time at the fair.
Sara and Tyson with their kids.
They have an amazing petty zoo with all kinds of animals, including Giraffes and Zebras. Mack and Makalya loved it!
Of course Texas is known for fried food and fairs are known for fried anything and everything! My favorite was the fried cookie dough, bottom left. There is fried pizza, peanut butter, jelly and banana sandwich which is really good and that is Devins footlong chili cheese dog. They also had fried smores, smore poptarts, fried butter, fried southern pecan pie!
Devin and his huge pickle on stick, they also had huge turkey legs!
Devin wanted to go on a ride so I made his day and we rode this flipping twisting wild machine! It was fun!!
Mack and Makayla loved each other by the end. So cute! We can't wait to go back and visit again next year.

3 comments:

Ashlie Grow said...

looks like a fun trip!!!
...that pig hunt is gross... boys, lol

Rachel, Steve and Jacob said...

MAN, you have the CUTEST kids!!! Someday we'll get to meet Mack again and little Molly! How's life adjusting to another little one?? I'm a little nervous sometimes thinking about it but mostly SUPER excited. I hope it'll be easier the 2nd time around. And hey, quick question... do you like your double stroller? I've been trying to decide on a long or jogging one so I'm just asking around. I think I'm leaning more toward a long one... Anyways, looks like you guys are loving life!! We miss you!!!

Nikki said...

Love this post!! We had such a good time with y'all. I'm so excited that we get to do this next year. AND if y'all move back to Idaho we can start seeing y'all there. My little brother will probably be permanently out there- his wifey is from Boise.

It is too bad you make these incredible friendships and you have to live so far from each other. BUT I'm so glad we are back in touch. I need your laughter in my life to keep me going through the tough times and of course the old memories to keep me laughing too. LOL
Loved meeting your little ones. They are both so beautiful and precious.
Love you

Post a Comment